Keeping score of baseball games is an activity that I enjoy a great deal. It can become monotonous however, during a double-header of lopsided games that seem to take forever.
I have developed this checklist to do after every half inning. Being that it is about baseball, it unsurprisingly consists of three main steps:
- Were there errors?
- If yes, were there runs?
- If yes, reconstruct inning without errors to find if runs were earned or unearned.
- Was there a pitching change?
- If yes, what was the score after runners he was responsible scored?
- Check defensive players for any changes.
- Run to the bathroom (as needed).